Possible generic RSB issue

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Jan 15 20:05:08 UTC 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Joel Sherrill
<joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com> wrote:

> On 1/15/2015 1:47 PM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> Did you update the binutils version number in the RSB build set? e.g.
>> 4.11/rtems-moxie.bset
> Yes. I switched it to git. But moxie is using 2.24.
>
> I removed the old moxie tools from the install point and it is now using
> the right as version. Checked by going into gcc build and doing:
>
> ./gcc/as --version
>
> Still needs a gcc update I think but it is by this issue. :)
OK, so the problem seems to be that RSB did not detect that you needed
to build a new binutils? I thought the default RSB behavior will build
them new and install them. Did you specify the same prefix for
installing as the old install point? That should "just work" I would
think.