libbsd Makefile issues

Ric Claus claus at slac.stanford.edu
Thu Jul 23 17:20:08 UTC 2015

On Jun 23, 2015, at 8:30 PM, Gene Smith <gds at chartertn.net> wrote:

> On 06/23/2015 02:18 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>> On 6/23/2015 1:09 PM, Gene Smith wrote:
>>>
>>> Here's the things I did to fix the Makefile. I think you added the
>>> quotes (item 1) and maybe item 2. I think the error you are seeing is
>>> due to item 3 since it can't find pcap.h.
>>>
>>> 1) Everywhere the string "-D_U_=__attribute__((unused))" appears in the
>>> rules it needs to be quoted. It appears in almost every rule so there
>>> are maybe 100s of them. (I used single quotes, FWIW.)
>>>
>>> 2) Everywhere sting "freebsd/usr.sbin/tcpdump/tcpdump-D__FreeBSD__=1"
>>> appears it needs have a space inserted:
>>> "freebsd/usr.sbin/tcpdump/tcpdump -D__FreeBSD__=1"
>>> Quotes aren't required. Again, there a many of these.
>>>
>>> 3) Several include paths need to be added:
>>> COMMON_FLAGS += -Ifreebsd/contrib/libpcap
>>> COMMON_FLAGS += -Irtemsbsd/sys
>>> COMMON_FLAGS += -Ifreebsd/usr.sbin/tcpdump/tcpdump
>>> COMMON_FLAGS += -Ifreebsd/contrib/tcpdump
>>> COMMON_FLAGS +=
>>> -Ibuild/arm-rtems4.11-realview_pbx_a9_qemu/testsuite/include
>>> (The last one contains the bsp name so probably needs to be more
>>> general, but seems to work ok as an ad hoc fix.)

A git pull of rtems-libbsd this morning still has the above problems, so I’ve generated the attached patch.

This last -I seems odd.  Before I tried building with waf, I could not find a build/ directory anywhere.  As mentioned in another e-mail, rtems-libbsd doesn’t currently build for the realview example for me, but for as far as it got, there is only one file that could get picked up by this -I and that is build/arm-rtems4.11-realview_pbx_a9_qemu/testsuite/include/rtems/bsd/test/network-config.h.

I don’t find network-config.h anywhere else in either the rtems-libbsd or rtems trees, nor in those created by make and make install of an RTEMS BSP, so I’m not sure what the proper -I option would be.  At any rate, in the attached patch I included it (commented out) as -Ibuild/$(TARGET)-$(BSP)/testsuite/include.  With this, both make and waf get to the same place before crashing.

	Ric