SMP support for Raspberry Pi 2

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Jul 3 17:13:26 UTC 2015

On July 3, 2015 11:53:07 AM CDT, Rohini Kulkarni <krohini1593 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Any help that I can with this?
>
>On 1 Jul 2015 16:59, "Rohini Kulkarni" <krohini1593 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>Hi all,
>
>I wish to know where the maximum number of processors for a variant are
>configured. I took a look at some configure scripts. I could see the
>processor count defined for xilinx-zynq in its configuration file as
>ZYNQ_CPUS=2.

This looks to be BSP specific and could originate in configure.ac or a .h file.

It is likely that each BSP has an underlying hardware limit.

>rtems_configuration_get_maximum_processors() called in gets this
>configured number. But I don't know from where.

This is set initially based on the confdefs.h parameter CONFIGURE_SMP_MAXIMUM_PROCESSORS or something close to that (on phone).

Ultimately the maximum CPUs for an application is the lower of those available or RTEMS is configured for.

>Also where is RTEMS_SMP defined for a bsp?

A side-effect of building with --enable-smp.

>Thanks.
>

>--
>
>Rohini Kulkarni

--joel