SMP support for Raspberry Pi 2

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Mon Jul 13 18:30:06 UTC 2015

On 7/13/2015 1:24 PM, Rohini Kulkarni wrote:
> I did change the configure file to add support for --enable-smp option.
>
> Ok, I suppose that is the problem.

You need to edit the configure.ac and then bootstrap again. Look at
sparc/leon3, powerpc/qoriq, or i386/pc386 for examples.

You need to configure with --enable-smp and make sure the cpuopts.h
has this. It will be a configure in a clean directory. I am pretty
sure it will be set even when the BSP doesn't really support SMP.

> What is the sb option for?

He was referring to the "sb-bootstrap" program in rtems-source-builder/source-builder.
You can also just run the bootstrap found in the top of the rtems tree in the
raspberrypi directory. sb-bootstrap parallelizes the process but if you only do
one directory, that doesn't matter.