[RSB Graphics Library] add patch for library source

Hesham ALMatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 22:40:08 UTC 2015

On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 5:54 PM Gedare Bloom <gedare at gwu.edu> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Have we documented how to get custom patches working in RSB?
>
> I CC'ed Hesham too, since he has done this recently, he might have some
> advice.
>
> There were two ways I used to get RSB fetch the patches: 1) An absolute
URL to a patch (on Github for example), and I think some gaisler and/or
sparc tools do the same, and 2) Place the patch at rtems-tools as Dr. Joel
mentioned and refer to it from RSB.

I think RTEMS would prefer the second approach to avoid fetching from
external sources that might be changed or even the URL might get
invalidiated, seizing the whole toolchain build (and IIRC that happened
with sparc)