[RSB Graphics Library] add patch for library source

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Jun 30 22:39:21 UTC 2015

On 1/07/2015 4:35 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On 6/30/2015 11:54 AM, Gedare Bloom wrote:
>> Chris,
>>
>> Have we documented how to get custom patches working in RSB?
>>
>> I CC'ed Hesham too, since he has done this recently, he might have
>> some advice.
>
> I don't know if it is documented. But if the upstage doesn't have
> a patch retrieval system, then it goes in rtems-tools on our side
> as far as I understand.

We have been putting patches into rtems-tools when there is no other
home. Having no patches in rtems-tool is the ideal situation.

This is the first use case, the RTEMS project needs a specific patch.

> For testing, you can manually place the patch in the RSB patches
> directory.

This is the second use case, when testing patches.

Placing the files in the patches directory and then adding any path to
the config file works. The RSB uses the basename of the URL for the file
name and it checks the patches directory for that file.

Another solution is to define a real path such as the rtems-tools repo
and to create a user macro file. An example I am currently using for
qemu is:

#
# QEMU patches
#
[patch-qemu]
patch0100: none, override,
'file://opt/work/chris/rtems/rsb/patches/0001-FIXME-Hack-to-support-libbsd-tests.patch'
patch0101:  none, override,
'file://opt/work/chris/rtems/rsb/patches/0001-net-cadence_gem-Set-initial-MAC-address.patch'

Notice, absolute paths. I am not sure if relative paths work. I have not
tried. Use high patch numbers that keep clear of any patches included in
the base config files. The RSB applies the patches in the numbered order.

Use the --macros argument to supply the macros with the patches.

The RSB places the places in a macro map with the name of the patch set
prefixed by 'patch-'. The source files live in a different map to the
where the map name prefix is 'source-'. This lets the RSB collect all
the sources and patches without packages overlapping each other in a
build set. If you add '--dry-run --trace' the log file will output the
macros.

> FWIW I have a series of patches for 5 packages to add to the RSB.

Please post. Thanks