Hello demo on RPI

QIAO YANG yangqiao0505 at me.com
Sun Mar 15 10:08:58 UTC 2015

Hi !

I've managed to run a hello demo on RPI B/B+, including a demo for loading an image by u-boot (I don't have an ethernet cable on my hand, but I'm going to be able to load the image by tftp for dev).

If I've got it right, to prepare my proposal I may choose part of the TODO list , look into the implementation detail and schedule it. The work list may be divided for 3 students to complete.

I've checked out the André's branch with GPIO, I2C, SPI implementations. Should we develop based on his branch or the upstream? Have we said that the I2C, SPI API has changed? I wonder that if anyone is working on it and if we will merge Andre's work to upstream at the begining of GSOC. If not, maybe I can get start by trying to do this job.

Another question about the new BSP supports. Should it also be coherent with the Linux based API?
The API of different support is pre-determined by the community or the developper build their own and it will be reviewed by the community afterward? I'm not familiar the procedure. Any hint would be greatly helpful.

Here is the patch and screen shots in attachements.

Screenshot_hello_demo_uboot.png