Hello demo on RPI

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sun Mar 15 11:11:41 UTC 2015

On Sun, Mar 15, 2015 at 5:50 AM, QIAO YANG <yangqiao0505 at me.com> wrote:

> Hi !
>
> I've managed to run a hello demo on RPI B/B+, including a demo for loading
> an image by u-boot (I don't have an ethernet cable on my hand, but I'm
> going to be able to load the image by tftp for dev).
>
> If I've got it right, to prepare my proposal I may choose part of the TODO
> list , look into the implementation detail and schedule it. The work list
> may be divided for 3 students to complete.
>
> I've checked out the André's branch with GPIO, I2C, SPI implementations.
> Should we develop based on his branch or the upstream? Have we said that
> the I2C, SPI API has changed? I wonder that if anyone is working on it and
> if we will merge Andre's work to upstream at the begining of GSOC. If not,
> maybe I can get start by trying to do this job.
>
> The obvious projects I see from
https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/Developer/Projects/Open/ImproveRaspberryPiBSP
are:
1) Get #1-3 mergeable. May not take much. Then do #4 SD-card support and
refactor the i2c to use the newer cpukit/dev/i2c interface.
2) #5 Graphics Frame Buffer + #7 HDMI/Graphics console
3) #6 USB + #7 Networking
4) Raspberry Pi 2 support, but this probably isn't enough.

-Gedare