[rpi bsp] merging status of mailbox and the status of rtems graphics kits

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Fri Mar 20 21:23:02 UTC 2015

On 3/20/2015 3:59 PM, QIAO YANG wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since Andre is wiling to continue his work on buses and SD card
> support, and I'm preparing for the framebuffer implementation, I would
> like to know the status of Andre's mailbox implementation. If it
> cannot be merged yet, what is the problem? I may take this if the
> mailbox is not in Andre's planning.

Andre or Alan should comment on this one.
> What is the status of rtems graphics kits? Is anyone still working on
> it? I've found that the microwindows git server was not even reachable
> for the moment. I would like to know something about the kit so that I
> can have a clear plan to port the graphics libraries to raspberry pi
> and also the nano-x, microwindows. Or maybe we have better choice than
> microwindows?

Low activity on graphics toolkit AFAIK. I started a conversion of the
pieces to the RSB package
system and libjpeg is in there.  I did libjpeg to the RSB in under a day.

The Graphics Toolkit has been used on embedded ARM boards and pc386 with
Cirrus
VESA driver.

You should have to provide a frame buffer driver per the RTEMS FB interface
and then the graphics part should just work. Keyboard and pointing devices
will likely require USB support.

For now, you would build it using the shell script in the top directory.
As part two
of the project, you would convert the pieces to the RSB packaging format.