Porting ethernet driver from FREEBSD to rtems-libbsd

ragu nath ragunath3252 at gmail.com
Fri May 15 07:09:48 UTC 2015

Thank you. I will check the git log. I am also inclined to using nexus
support. I already compiled the driver using nexus support. I fully
intend to add more documentation to the project. I will keep posting
on this thread if I have any further issues.

Thanks,
Ragunath

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:05 PM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> You have two options.
>
> 1. You port simplebus to libbsd. I tried this before and its not done in one
> day.
>
> 2. You get rid of all simplebus dependencies in the driver and use the
> libbsd nexus support. This is normally done in a couple of minutes with the
> use some hacks to get the FDT provided parameters.
>
> To get an idea how a driver is ported see git log and look at all commits
> containing "if_cgem" in the subject.
>
> Please help to improve the documentation (libbsd.txt) while you work on this
> topic.
>

> On 15/05/15 08:27, ragu nath wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My name is ragunath. I am selected for Google Summer of Code 2015 with
>> RTEMS. I will be working on improving Beagle BSP.
>>
>> I am in the process of porting ethernet driver for Beaglebone black
>> from FreeBSD to rtems-libbsd.  I would like to know what are the
>> necessary changes we need to make to add a driver. BBB is based on ARM
>> Am335x SoC.
>>
>> What are the bsp specific changes we need to do (bus support api's,
>> interrupt support, etc)? I understand all the devices are under nexus
>> device in rtems-libbsd. In the FreeBSD code, it is under simplebus.
>> What are the changes we need to do to take care of this?
>>
>> If there is any documentation available on this topic pls let me know.
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Ragunath
>

> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH