Porting ethernet driver from FREEBSD to rtems-libbsd

Isaac Gutekunst igutekunst at gmail.com
Thu May 28 12:23:23 UTC 2015

I'm going to chime in since this sounds like a similar problem I've
experienced on a PIC32.

I wanted to reword what Ragunath said in my own words to see if I
understand it.

1) The RX ISR fires, vectoring the code to the ISR entry.
2) The code in the ISR disables interrupts, creates an event to be handled
by RTEMS (in a non interrupt context)
3) At some point (dispatch function), interrupts are enabled
4) Since the RTEMS task responsible for performing non-generic handling
hasn't run, the hardware condition that created the initial interrupt has
not been cleared. Therefore, the interrupt controller vectors to the ISR
entry again, repeating the cycle.

In this case, the fundamental problem is that an ISR will continue firing
until the condition causing it is resolved. In the case of an RX interrupt,
that usually would mean reading data from a SFR or buffer. I'm not familiar
with this specific case, but it sounds awfully similar.

Does this sound right?

If so, it seems like a rather fundamental problem I haven't been able to
resolve. I'm hoping someone has found a reasonable solution that I wasn't
smart enough to figure out my self.

Isaac

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 8:01 AM, Sebastian Huber <