Tools for RTEMS 4.12

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Fri Nov 6 14:12:35 UTC 2015

On 5/11/2015 6:56 am, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I see no problem with using the newer GCC assuming our development
> cycle is probably still at least 1yr+. Until we get good automation
> this is the case. Also, we are planning to apply to Google Code-In,
> and bumping the tool versions could be a set of tasks. If you would
> like to do one or a few as a sample, then we can have high school
> students do the rest during the GCI program period.

I am planing to talk to Joel about the RSB and it's configuration files.
The RSB has arrived at an interesting place where I am not sure we want
all versions in an RSB. If we strip back the configurations to just the
valid ones we will then need to have a specific versions for specific
releases. This would simplify the number of files.

It would be nice to resolve this before adding 4.12 support.