[rtems-libbsd commit] builder.py: addTargetSourceCPUDependentSourceFiles

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Oct 1 21:12:26 UTC 2015

On 10/1/2015 3:34 PM, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 2/10/2015 9:15 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:

>>> Because the check is for 'arm' and the file is 'mips'.
>>
>> If I recall correctly, the MIPS version is the most generic
>> version and it is used for architectures which don't have
>> their own.
>
> <shudder>
>
> Is this how FreeBSD uses the code?

No. FreeBSD has no concept of many of the architectures we support.

And for some we support that FreeBSD does not, we have our own
optimized versions thanks to years of the IPV4 stack.

>> But with this change, that should be checked to be sure
>> and comments added.
>
> I suppose no one can change the mips code which means that name is
> meaning less as well.

We could specifically important is "default" or something and make
architectures without specific support use that single copy. Then
there is only the knowledge that we picked X to be the default
implementation.

Ultimately, you have to have an implementation. When there is not
one, we have to provide a reasonable implementation in C. And we
will always have architectures in this boat.

--joel