Google Code In and S

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Tue Oct 13 21:56:20 UTC 2015

Hi

Today the Google Open Source Program Office made a couple of
announcements that we all hoped were coming. Dates for the
next edition of the high school focused Google Code-In and
the college focused Google Summer of Code were announced today.

I would like to thank all those who have mentored in the past
and encourage everyone to step up and mentor high school and
college students.

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2015/10/dozen-of-one-half-dozen-of-other-6th_13.html

RTEMS has participated in Google Code-In in the past. We will have
to have mentors to be able to participate this yet. GCI is fun
and consists of micro-tasks that can be completed in 1-3 days.
Rather than focus on a small number of students over a long period
of time as in GSOC, GCI has more students doing more small tasks
and we just have to respond quickly, review their work, give feedback,
mark the task complete, and ensure the results are merged as appropriate.

It is a blast but we need mentors to make it happen. :)