Obsolete m32r, h8300, and avr Ports

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 14 00:04:17 UTC 2015

Hi

One of my personal goals for past 4.11 was the removal of
ports and BSPs that are obsolete or present maintenance
obstacles.

+ m32r - EOLed and never had interrupt support
+ h8300 - EOLed for architecture as best I can tell
+ avr - never completely worked, GCC port is marginally
   maintained, and the largest AVR is just barely big
   enough to run some tests.

Does anyone have any objections to these ports being
removed?

NOTE: I plan to write a Wiki page for the procedure to
remove a port and a BSP. There are multiple places in
the source tree an architecture is referenced. Plus there
is user documentation, lists of supported architectures,
tool targets, GCC master test list, etc.

--joel