Suggestions for BSPs to Obsolete

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Tue Oct 20 23:24:06 UTC 2015

On 21/10/2015 12:56 am, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On 10/20/2015 6:15 AM, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> Maybe we should build a list of BSP directories and find maintainers for
>> each directory in some time frame. Then remove all BSPs without a
>> maintainer.
>
> That is one approach. Another is defining tiers for the BSP
> and being more aggressive about dropping them.
>
> I think Chris has discussed his ideas on tiers before.

I think both will be needed. We are moving to Phabricator and having
areas developers can approve will be important. I am concerned if we do
not things will sit and not be pushed through.

I also think we will need tiers so we can manage the results from
buildbot. There are active and current BSPs we have no way of testing
because we do not have the hardware. If a user has a board and sets up a
slave to allow testing for that BSP it will reach a higher tier and we
have better testing.