Per-BSP confdefs (or resource allocation)

Isaac Gutekunst isaac.gutekunst at vecna.com
Wed Oct 21 20:11:22 UTC 2015

Let me clarify. I don't think I explained my predicament very well.

None of the tests will run because the base application for our BSP requires resources that
aren't available.

On the application side we're fine.

We have a couple of applications running correctly, by specifying configuration in the main C
file using the standard method (#defining options and including condefs.h).

Isaac

On 10/21/2015 04:00 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> On 10/21/2015 2:53 PM, Isaac Gutekunst wrote:
>> Hi Devel,
>>
>> I looked for a while, but couldn't find a way to specify what resources (semaphores, tasks,
>> etc) a BSP requires for an empty project (empty Init function).
>>
>> I took a look at this page:
>> https://docs.rtems.org/doc-current/share/rtems/html/bsp_howto/Initialization-Code-The-RTEMS-Configuration-Table.html
>>
>> but couldn't glean the correct method.
>>
>> What is the preferred way to do so?
>>
>> Our BSP uses a number of resources for hardware drivers, including UART, CAN, SPI, I2C and
>> Ethernet.
>>

> Starting out, the easiest thing to do is turn on unified workspace
> and unlimited resources.
>
> #define CONFIGURE_UNLIMITED_OBJECTS
> #define CONFIGURE_UNIFIED_WORK_AREAS
>
> This sets things up as a single pool of memory for malloc and RTEMS
> and does not place a limit on how many objects you can create. You
> keep going until you run out of work space.
>
> After that, you will need to figure out how many objects each driver
> really uses and consider that the base set which an application
> configuration must account for. There isn't really any system for
> this built in.
Is there any hackish way to setup the tests to allocate more resources?

> --joel

Isaac