LwIP port using directly RTEMS semaphores and message queues

ragu nath ragunath3252 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 06:01:57 UTC 2015

Hi,

lwIP can be built using RTEMS Source builder now. We have  RTEMS +
lwIP OS  glue(cc.h & sys_arch.c etc) . But it uses posix lib functions
instead of RTEMS native library.
https://github.com/ragunath3252/lwip-nodrv . It's tested and  working
but not fully optimized.

https://lists.rtems.org/pipermail/devel/2015-August/012178.html is the RSB patch

lwIP is divided into architecture independent and dependent parts.
Independent part is common to all the BSP's and it can be built for
any BSP through RSB.  The dependent part contains the driver.
Currently only beaglebone black has lwIP driver.

http://ragustechblog.blogspot.in/2015/08/rtems-beaglebone-black-with-lwip.html
has details on how to build and use for beaglebone black.

Thanks,
Ragunath

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Sebastian Huber
<sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de> wrote:
> On 12/10/15 01:15, Pavel Pisa wrote:
>>
>> As for LwIP and RTEMS integration in general, does exists some
>> idea/implementation how to make LwIP sockets the fist class RTEMS
>> citizens/objects - i.e. to get file descriptor compatible with RTEMS
>> read, write etc. calls same as for native RTEMS stack?
>

> An alternative is to integrate the RTEMS support for lwIP in the lwIP
> project.
>

>> I would like to see select() supporting socket objects together
>> with notification from character drivers as well one day
>> to port applications waiting for more event sources in one thread
>> possible. But I think that select() is not compatible with
>> drivers even in RTEMS integrated stack. It it?
>

> I have a hack for select() support in drivers and pipe():
>
> https://git.rtems.org/sebh/rtems.git/commit/?id=92a35861d4795075dcff3ebab177812c7422753f
>
> Its not included in the main sources due to a lack of time, testing and I am
> not sure if its really useful.
>
> --
> Sebastian Huber, embedded brains GmbH

> Phone   : +49 89 189 47 41-16