Selecting Tests to run/Missing tests

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Wed Oct 21 19:57:56 UTC 2015

Please file a ticket on the off set of tests installing. It
definitely is clearly something that needs a decision so
we can make them consistent.

I am guessing that we not install any except maybe the samples.

On 10/21/2015 2:48 PM, Isaac Gutekunst wrote:
> Thanks Joel, that pushed me in the right direction.
>
> All the missing tests where living in the build tree, not the install tree.
>
> I've now gotten to the point where none of the tests run, but that's another problem for
> another email.
>
> On 10/21/2015 01:57 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>>

>> On 10/21/2015 12:30 PM, Isaac Gutekunst wrote:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> I'm trying to run the RTEMS tests for our new BSP. I've managed to get close, but am missing
>>> something. In general, I'm trying to figure out how the build system decides what tests to
>>> build.
>>>
>>> Below is a bunch of information about what I've tried. It might be irrelevant, so if there is
>>> something obvious, just don't bother reading and let me know :)
>>
>> There is not as much magic as you might suspect. :)
>>
>> Comments scattered below.
>>
>>> Details
>>> -------
>>>
>>> I run configure with --enable tests, and have disabled a bunch of tests that don't compile. See
>>> the list further down. The file does have effect.
>>>
>>> ../rtems/configure --enable-rtemsbsp="stm32f7x" --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-tests
>>> --target=arm-rtems4.11 --prefix=/other/rtems/lib-rtems --disable-networking --enable-rtems-debug
>>
>> (1) You can configure for no tests, samples only, or all tests.
>>
>> The set of tests built varies based on if things like networking,
>> posix, and SMP are enabled.
>>
>>> In the install path, I have a bunch of tests exes.
>>>
>>> They are specifically located in
>>>
>>> /other/rtems/lib-rtems/arm-rtems4.11/stm32f7x/lib/rtems-4.12/tests/
>>>
>>> psxtmbarrier01.doc  psxtmmutex01.exe      psxtmsem03.doc
>>> psxtmbarrier01.exe  psxtmmutex02.doc      psxtmsem03.exe
>>> psxtmbarrier02.doc  psxtmmutex02.exe      psxtmsem04.doc
>>> psxtmbarrier02.exe  psxtmmutex03.doc      psxtmsem04.exe
>>> psxtmbarrier03.doc  psxtmmutex03.exe      psxtmsem05.doc
>>> psxtmbarrier03.exe  psxtmmutex04.doc      psxtmsem05.exe
>>> psxtmbarrier04.doc  psxtmmutex04.exe      psxtmsleep01.doc
>>> psxtmbarrier04.exe  psxtmmutex05.doc      psxtmsleep01.exe
>>> psxtmcond01.doc     psxtmmutex05.exe      psxtmsleep02.doc
>>> psxtmcond01.exe     psxtmmutex06.doc      psxtmsleep02.exe
>>> psxtmcond02.doc     psxtmmutex06.exe      psxtmthread01.doc
>>> psxtmcond02.exe     psxtmmutex07.doc      psxtmthread01.exe
>>> psxtmcond03.doc     psxtmmutex07.exe      psxtmthread02.doc
>>> psxtmcond03.exe     psxtmnanosleep01.doc  psxtmthread02.exe
>>> psxtmcond04.doc     psxtmnanosleep01.exe  psxtmthread03.doc
>>> psxtmcond04.exe     psxtmnanosleep02.doc  psxtmthread03.exe
>>> psxtmcond05.doc     psxtmnanosleep02.exe  psxtmthread04.doc
>>> psxtmcond05.exe     psxtmrwlock01.doc      psxtmthread04.exe
>>> psxtmcond06.doc     psxtmrwlock01.exe      psxtmthread05.doc
>>> psxtmcond06.exe     psxtmrwlock02.doc      psxtmthread05.exe
>>> psxtmcond07.doc     psxtmrwlock02.exe      psxtmthread06.doc
>>> psxtmcond07.exe     psxtmrwlock03.doc      psxtmthread06.exe
>>> psxtmcond08.doc     psxtmrwlock03.exe      rhdeadlockbrk.adoc
>>> psxtmcond08.exe     psxtmrwlock04.doc      rhdeadlockbrk.exe
>>> psxtmcond09.doc     psxtmrwlock04.exe      rhilatency.adoc
>>> psxtmcond09.exe     psxtmrwlock05.doc      rhilatency.exe
>>> psxtmcond10.doc     psxtmrwlock05.exe      rhmlatency.adoc
>>> psxtmcond10.exe     psxtmrwlock06.doc      rhmlatency.exe
>>> psxtmkey01.doc        psxtmrwlock06.exe      rhsemshuffle.adoc
>>> psxtmkey01.exe        psxtmrwlock07.doc      rhsemshuffle.exe
>>> psxtmkey02.doc        psxtmrwlock07.exe      rhtaskpreempt.adoc
>>> psxtmkey02.exe        psxtmsem01.doc      rhtaskpreempt.exe
>>> psxtmmq01.doc        psxtmsem01.exe      rhtaskswitch.adoc
>>> psxtmmq01.exe        psxtmsem02.doc      rhtaskswitch.exe
>>> psxtmmutex01.doc    psxtmsem02.exe
>>>
>>> This is missing a bunch of tests.
>>
>> I don't see any sp* or tm* tests. Are they in the tree itself?
>> I always run using a find command and not from an install point.
>> It is possible that only some tests install themselves but I
>> don't know what the rationale for primarily POSIX tests doing
>> that would be.
>>
>>> This is the contents of libbsp/arm/stm32f7x/make/custom/stm32f7x-testsuite.tcfg
>>
>> This file specifies the files which are known not to link. Usually this
>> is because the test takes too much code or data space for the target board.
>>
> All of these tests seem to be failing to do something related to devfs and multiple definitions
> of some symbols. I'll post a followup later once I get at least some tests to run.
>

>>> fsdosfsname01
>>> jffs2_fserror
>>> jffs2_fslink
>>> jffs2_fspatheval