Patch for nested mutex project solving priority inversion problem for uniprocessor.

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Sep 7 06:04:02 UTC 2015

Hello Saurabh,

On 05/09/15 01:52, Saurabh Gadia wrote:
> This is the patch for solving priority inversion problem for
> uniprocessor architecture. It works correctly for all test cases on
> master. For 4.11 the patch get applied cleanly but the branch does not
> compile because of some rbtree error(unrelated to project). Github
> link: https://github.com/saurabhgadia4/rtems/tree/nested-mutex

I reviewed your patch. Basically you replaced the LIFO list of
priorities with a sorted list? Does it work with timeouts and external
priority changes (e.g. task A blocks on a mutex owned by O, another task
B raises the priority of A, will this raise the priority of O?)

Since all tests pass, test sptests/spsem03 passes, which shows that your
implementation doesn't support horizontal nesting.

There is no deadlock detection.

Please have a look at:

https://devel.rtems.org/ticket/2412

I think the suggested implementation would even work on SMP systems
quite well.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de