New BSP Advice

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill at oarcorp.com
Thu Sep 17 15:53:12 UTC 2015

On 9/17/2015 9:09 AM, Isaac Gutekunst wrote:
> Hey RTEMS Developers,
>
> Vecna has recently reached the final stretch of our BSP development
> effort for the STM32F4 and STM32F7 families of processors. We would love
> to contribute it back and where wondering what we should do to get that
> process moving. I understand many of you are busy with the 4.11 effort,
> and if you can't offer much help at the moment, we understand. On our
> end, we are performing internal peer review through the GitHub
> interface, and are hoping to wrap things up in about two weeks.
> Outstanding areas are the LWIP port which is not visible in the pull
> request.
>
> The in progress code is viewable here:
> https://github.com/vecnatechnologies/rtems/pull/4

Normally, you just submit patches to the devel mailing list. We don't
tend to review github pull requests. Just not part of the workflow
and we want everything centrally recorded.

Is the BSP a variant of an existing one or a completely new one?

Normally any BSPs outside the BSP itself are submitted for review
first. Then the BSP is put up for review.

We still don't have a collection of LWIP drivers. I will start
another thread for that.