BBB PWM driver development - GSOC 2016

punit vara punitvara at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 17:15:30 UTC 2016

I am extremely sorry about my rough work. I have gone through coding
conversion. From next time I will strictly follow coding conventions and
publish my work in good way. It seems that I have to generate gpio
interface file for epwm pins same as André Marques used in i2c code for
rpi. Yes it is possible to stick close to the gpio framework. Right now my
primary focus is to implement pwm driver with minimum functions and utilize
epwm pins(for which pin muxing is not required as their by default mode
supports epwm) to generate pwm waveform with 50% duty cycle. Once I am
successful to generate pwm waveform and able to show demo then with
community we can decide where to add necessary functions.  Any suggestions
to make my primary task more focused are welcome.

Thank you,
Punit Vara