source builder bug: zlib1g-dev and python-dev is needed but not checked

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Apr 13 01:34:25 UTC 2016

On 13/04/2016 00:30, Du Huanpeng wrote:
> Hi, without these two packages, the build will failed. the source
> builder don't check these.

Correct. The upcoming User Manual I am working talks about this ...

https://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/chrisj/docs/user/start/index.html#posix-hosts

The RSB doco provides some more detail ...

https://docs.rtems.org/rsb/#_rtems_tools_from_source

I think the RSB is mature enough to consider some support to help here
but I have no time to pursue this so we are using documentation to help
users.

If the doco is not up to date for your host please attach a patch to a
ticket and assign it to me.

Thanks