Python problem

punit vara punitvara at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 10:35:52 UTC 2016

I am facing python problem since long time. I updated my system to
ubuntu 15.10 from 15.04 as I was facing python problem but eventually
I ended up with the same problem I came across before.

Python -V shows python 2.7.10

But when Check error log it says

checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for python2.7... no
configure: error: python is missing or unusable
Makefile:8643: recipe for target 'configure-gdb' failed

When I try to do following

$ sudo apt-get build-dep binutils gcc g++ gdb unzip git python2.7-dev

In this I found out ubuntu is picking python2.7 instead of
python2.7-dev. It seems to me if anyhow I can force OS to pick
python2.7-dev then this problem can be solved But I don't know how to
do this.Can somebody please help regarding this? Any help would be
appreciated.