tlb files

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Feb 8 03:16:21 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 7:48 PM, Sambeet Panigrahi <sambeet161616 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I was trying to port Rock on RTEMS.In a mail from Matthias Goldhoorn of
> Rock, I got this:
>
> The most critical thing is that the target system uses the same tlb files
> than hhost os. This was because gccxml was not able to cross-generate. This
> should now be possible with clang.
>
> Can someone explain the meaning of this?What are tlb files referred here?

What are TLB files? If I assume they are binary, then the target HW running
Rock on RTEMS must be similar enough to the host computer (matching endian,
alignment, etc.).

Answering what gccxml is and what it does will also help figuring this out.
It seems like a host side tool that is critical to Rock working.

--joel