Participation in GSoC 2016

André Marques andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:19:08 UTC 2016

Hello all,

Às 23:27 de 17-02-2016, Gedare Bloom escreveu:
> CC: Alan, Andre, Pavel
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Deval Shah <deval.maker at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> My name is Deval Shah. I'm a final year undergrad student in
>> Electrical and Electronics at Bits-Pilani Hyderabad Campus.
>> I'd like to be a part of the RTEMS project for GSoC 2016.
>>
>> Sometime back I interacted in this group for projects related to
>> Raspberry PI. I was asked to visit previous year GSOC projects and try
>> them.
>> I built system and ran on my Raspberry PI ( Ver 1 Model B+ ). I am
>> successfully able to run testsuits and RKI.
>> I tried out controlling GPIO on raspberry pi which was a part of one
>> of the last year's GSOC project.
>> As per the wiki for the prospective students, I am attaching proof for
>> setting up RTEMS environment. I am having some issues with setting up
>> "git send-email". That's why I am attaching patch file here. I will
>> try to fix that as soon as possible.
>>
> Great, don't worry about re-sending with git-send-email now.
>
>> I'd like to discuss prospective projects.
>> 1. Since i2c and framebuffer support (as the part of Graphics support)
>> are integrated, are we ready for Raspberry PI Camera support?
>> 2. Are there any pending tasks from the previous year GSOC which can
>> be continued for raspberry pi? As the open project list for Raspberry
>> pi was not updated after GSOC I am unable to figure out which of the
>> projects are completed fully.
>>
> Was i2c fully delivered for the new driver framework? I don't recall off-hand.

Yes the i2c driver for the Pi uses the new (linux-based) i2c framework.
10-bit addressing is untested because I had no compatible slave device.

A detailed report of my last GSOC can be found here:

https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2015/RaspberryPi_peripherals_and_SD_card

SD card support was started but not completed last year, so it may be
included on a potential Raspberry project. I can help with that if needed.