Participation in GSoC 2016

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Thu Feb 18 00:26:23 UTC 2016

On Feb 17, 2016 6:17 PM, "André Marques" <andre.lousa.marques at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> Às 23:27 de 17-02-2016, Gedare Bloom escreveu:
>>
>> CC: Alan, Andre, Pavel
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 2:05 PM, Deval Shah <deval.maker at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> My name is Deval Shah. I'm a final year undergrad student in
>>> Electrical and Electronics at Bits-Pilani Hyderabad Campus.
>>> I'd like to be a part of the RTEMS project for GSoC 2016.
>>>
>>> Sometime back I interacted in this group for projects related to
>>> Raspberry PI. I was asked to visit previous year GSOC projects and try
>>> them.
>>> I built system and ran on my Raspberry PI ( Ver 1 Model B+ ). I am
>>> successfully able to run testsuits and RKI.
>>> I tried out controlling GPIO on raspberry pi which was a part of one
>>> of the last year's GSOC project.
>>> As per the wiki for the prospective students, I am attaching proof for
>>> setting up RTEMS environment. I am having some issues with setting up
>>> "git send-email". That's why I am attaching patch file here. I will
>>> try to fix that as soon as possible.
>>>
>> Great, don't worry about re-sending with git-send-email now.
>>
>>> I'd like to discuss prospective projects.
>>> 1. Since i2c and framebuffer support (as the part of Graphics support)
>>> are integrated, are we ready for Raspberry PI Camera support?
>>> 2. Are there any pending tasks from the previous year GSOC which can
>>> be continued for raspberry pi? As the open project list for Raspberry
>>> pi was not updated after GSOC I am unable to figure out which of the
>>> projects are completed fully.
>>>
>> Was i2c fully delivered for the new driver framework? I don't recall
off-hand.

> Yes the i2c driver for the Pi uses the new (linux-based) i2c framework.
10-bit addressing is untested because I had no compatible slave device.

> A detailed report of my last GSOC can be found here:
>
> https://devel.rtems.org/wiki/GSoC/2015/RaspberryPi_peripherals_and_SD_card
>
> SD card support was started but not completed last year, so it may be
included on a potential Raspberry project. I can help with that if needed.

Andres.. Thanks for speaking up. Can you update the project page and link
to your blog?

What else do you think needs find on the Pi and Pi2?

I haven't researched it yet to know if it is feasible but I am curious if
the Arduino HW libraries have a clean porting layer which could provide
support for a lot of i2c devices. Is this a wikd goose chase or of
potential value?