Error while adding usb ethernet driver

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sun Jul 3 04:56:48 UTC 2016

On 30/06/2016 20:22, Deval Shah wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 28, 2016 at 3:12 AM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     It might pay for us to add these to an RTEMS header to make porting
>     simpler.
>
> Can't we update our sys/net/if.c and sys/net/if_var.h files accourding
> to new FreeBSD ?

I do not know. Currently we have a policy of keeping as much at the
snapshot point as we can. Sebastian has looked at moving to FreeBSD 10
and backed off doing so because it was more work than he could handle
due to changes in FreeBSD 10.

I am not against something like this being merged if the change is
localised to just those files, it works, and the existing drivers work.
If the change ripples out across the code base then it would be a problem.