libbsd: Argument list too long

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue Jun 14 07:48:34 UTC 2016

On 14/06/16 09:39, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 14/06/2016 16:27, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> On 13/06/16 09:25, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>>> I created a waf ticket for this:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/waf-project/waf/issues/1756
>>
>> There exists a workaround for this problem. Should we add the "waf"
>> script equipped with this workaround to the libbsd?
>>

> We should add this, but in libbsd or in rtems_waf? I am happy to add
> it to rtems_waf given RTEMS only use gcc.

I added the long_gcc.py to my waf Git clone and built it via
"./waf-light --tools=long_gcc". This produces a waf script which is able
to build libbsd on Linux and msys2. I only had to add
"bld.load('long_gcc') to libbsd_waf.py. The problem is that you need a
waf script with this extra.

In the RTEMS tools, we have a local waf script. I am not sure what the
recommended way for waf is.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de