libbsd: Argument list too long

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Jun 15 08:17:08 UTC 2016

On 06/14/16 17:48, Sebastian Huber wrote:

> On 14/06/16 09:39, Chris Johns wrote:

>>> There exists a workaround for this problem. Should we add the "waf"
>>> script equipped with this workaround to the libbsd?
>>>

>> We should add this, but in libbsd or in rtems_waf? I am happy to add
>> it to rtems_waf given RTEMS only use gcc.
>
> I added the long_gcc.py to my waf Git clone and built it via
> "./waf-light --tools=long_gcc". This produces a waf script which is able
> to build libbsd on Linux and msys2. I only had to add
> "bld.load('long_gcc') to libbsd_waf.py. The problem is that you need a
> waf script with this extra.
>
> In the RTEMS tools, we have a local waf script. I am not sure what the
> recommended way for waf is.

My understand is we get to decide. I am happy to see if adding this to
the rtems_waf support can work and so it becomes a configuration
parameter for libbsd to rtems_waf. If RTEMS supports clang in the future
then rtems_waf can be taught to handle that case as well.

I am updating my tools on Windows to build and test the change.