Name for Strong APA Scheduler?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Thu Mar 31 08:07:17 UTC 2016

Hello,

since the GSoC project to implement an optimized SMP scheduler with
strong APA (Arbitrary Processor Affinity) support seems to take shape it
would be good to create a name for this scheduler.

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/dashboard/organization/5199580018769920/proposal/4779451107770368/

I need this name to generate the skeleton files for the scheduler
implementation and its configuration.

My preference is APA, since three letter acronyms are quite popular,
like EDF and CBS. So, I would omit that we actually support strong APA
in the name. From my point of view a weak APA scheduler makes no sense
for a supposed to be real-time operating system. In the documentation we
should emphasis this.

New files are for example:

cpukit/score/include/rtems/score/schedulerapa.h
cpukit/score/include/rtems/score/schedulerapaimpl.h
cpukit/score/src/schedulerapa.c

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de