libbsd requires rtems version number in path?

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Wed Mar 16 00:29:53 UTC 2016

On 16/03/2016 08:06, Gedare Bloom wrote:
> I found out just now that to 'waf configure' rtems-libbsd requires
> that the installed rtems is in a path with the version number
> designated somehow, e.g. ${HOME}/install/4.12. I guess this is by
> design, and most of our quick start guides should provide for this,
> but I don't know that I've seen this "requirement" listed anywhere. It
> was a bit of a surprise.

I am sure is was ...

https://git.rtems.org/chrisj/rtems_waf.git/tree/rtems.py#n290

> As I had not used the version number for an install, I made a symlink
> with 4.12 in the name to point to my prefix to "trick" the configure.

As Thomas points out the version option helps.

I think the rtems_waf package should allow a default version to be
specified on a per package basis so a package can default to the version
it wants. If I do this I would remove the current guess which can break
you in subtle ways.

Can you please raise a ticket, assign it to me and set the milestone to
4.11? This should be resolved in 4.11 before it releases.