GSOC

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Thu Mar 17 18:49:41 UTC 2016

On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 3:47 PM, sane sai charan
<sanesaicharan23 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>               I am interested in the following projects (Interests in
> descending order)
>
>                            **Memory Protection
>                                                      --->OS Support for MMU
> Initialization
>                                                        --->Page Table Entry
> Handling
>                                                      --->POSIX based Memory
> Protection
>
>                              ** Port RTEMS to Microblaze
>
>                              ** RTEMS as a PLC
>
>                              ** Update the RTEMS port of LWIP
>
>             What I want to ask corresponding mentors here is
>
>                                ** Are there any students already accepted
> for above projects??

No students have been accepted for any projects. I don't think any
students have yet proposed for any of the above listed ideas.

>                                ** Are there any requirements or tasks to be
> completed other than the one given in Getting started page ?

Not in general, however some proposals might be strengthened by
showing you can work with the proposed technology area.

>                               ** Anyone mentoring RTEMS port of LWIP project
> ? because status of project says no volunteers for this project.

We can find someone with sufficient lwIP expertise if needed. There
are a few lwIP ports of RTEMS around.

>                               ** Is it true that who sends proposal first
> will get first preference ?

No.

>                               ** Is it ok to get my proposal reviewed here
> before submitting to google ?

Yes, really you should put your proposal draft into a google doc. link
it from the GSoC tracking table, and you can upload it as a draft in
the GSoC Webapp. You can also submit your final PDF in GSOC webapp as
much as you like.

>                               ** I want to continue the development of RTEMS
> after GSOC. Is it possible?

Definitely.