LM3S69xx BSP Qemu Error

Martin Galvan martin.galvan at tallertechnologies.com
Fri May 27 15:23:31 UTC 2016

On Fri, May 27, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Olufowobi, Habeeb
<habeeb.olufowobi at bison.howard.edu> wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I am able to run HelloWorld with what you provided. I also noticed that the
> process does not terminate by itself and I have to manually kill it. I
> noticed that for the HelloWorld and ticker. Does it behave like that when
> you run it?

That's great! Yeah, I believe the "freezing" you're seeing is normal.
IIRC exit() ends up calling _Terminate, which in turn calls bsp_reset.
Since the LM3S69xx BSP doesn't have its own bsp_reset, it defaults to
the shared one which does nothing. Therefore we go back to _Terminate,
which ends with an endless loop.

For the record, it would be great to add a proper reset routine to the
LM3S69xx (if possible). I may take a shot at doing it myself if I can
find the time.