Bacport of ARM cache, RTL and TMS570 to RTEMS 4.11 Was: Simple question about RTL

Pavel Pisa ppisa4lists at pikron.com
Sun Oct 2 10:06:19 UTC 2016

Hello all,

I have pushed massive update to RTEMS-4.11 ARM BSPs
support. The cache manager and RTL update has been
prepared in response to RTL failures reported by Tim Tian
on Zynq BSP more than month ago. I have proposed
4.11 update series at September 9.

  https://github.com/ppisa/rtems/tree/4.11-arm-update

Code has been tested by Alan Cudmore and more RPi
versions and correction of Zynq problem has been reported
as well. Because there has not been reported any
problem on master nor on my 4.11-arm-update branch
I have pushed changes to official 4.11 tree.

Please, check on more BSPs and applications
if all works correctly.

I have pushed TMS570 backport from master to 4.11 as well,
there has been critical problem corrected on master

#2794 ARM TMS570 BSP: Serial port hangs when baudrate change
      initiates before all characters are sent

and the rest of updates is required to boot RTEMS
on TMS570LS3137 without separate loader or mixing
code with other sources.

I expect to do some more testing of 4.11 on TMS570 HW
next week.

From my side, I think that RTEMS 4.11 branch is in the
state where release can report Raspberry Pi 1, 2
and TMS570 as supported now.

Best wishes,

             Pavel