Bacport of ARM cache, RTL and TMS570 to RTEMS 4.11 Was: Simple question about RTL

Alan Cudmore alan.cudmore at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 01:40:46 UTC 2016

Hi Pavel,
I have built the Raspberry Pi 1 and 2 BSPs with the latest 4.11 branch. I plan on testing them soon.

I also tried to build the 4.11 sparc/sis BSP, but it failed to compile:
../../../../../../../rtems-src/rtems-4.11/c/src/../../cpukit/libdl/rtl-obj.c:585:47: error: 'CPU_CACHE_LINE_BYTES' undeclared (first use in this function)
     old_end = (uintptr_t)sync_ctx->end_va & ~(CPU_CACHE_LINE_BYTES - 1);

It looks like rtl-obj.c uses CPU_CACHE_LINE_BYTES, but a grep only shows that is defined for ARM.

Do we need to back port these defines for the other CPU architectures as well?

Thanks,
Alan