Using inttypes macros fixes 4 format warnings

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Sat Apr 8 19:33:38 UTC 2017

On Sat, Apr 8, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Cillian O'Donnell <cpodonnell8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I used the wrong subject heading, that was meant to end up above the last
> ones. That's all I got. I'll have to get some college assignments out of the
> way now before I can do any more.
>
> I resubmitted them below, the ratemonreportstatistics.c is missing as I'm
> not sure how to define rtems/inttypes.h. I took a look in
> testsuites/psxtests/include/pmacros.h as you mentioned that looked good. I
> copied that to cpukit/include/rtems/ and thought I could use it as a
> starting point. Just as a quick test, I tried to use one of the PRIxx
> constants already defined, but the bsps didn't build because
> ratemonreportstatistics.c could not find <rtems/pmacros.h>. I guess there's
> some linking mechanism there I'm not aware of.

In order to add a new header file in our current build system, you need to:
1. add/git-add the new file
2. add the header into the nearest Makefile.am to setup the header to
be "installed"
3. run bootstrap -p to regenerate the various preinstall.am files
that copy header files before the build occurs
4. re-configure && make

I think that covers it.