RISC-V interrupts in HiFive1

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Tue Aug 15 12:57:08 UTC 2017

On Aug 15, 2017 4:32 AM, "Denis Obrezkov" <denisobrezkov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Denis,
>
> You just need to modify riscv_interrupt_disable(). Read the priv-spec
> manual for your RISC-V version, and determine which bit should be
> cleared (it's called MIE in priv-1.10, but you mentioned you work with
> priv-1.9).

Is the bit set correctly for the idle thread?

I assume this is with a real clock driver so is it maintained properly
across an ISR?

It is either screwed up by the thread context initialization, context
switch, or ISR code. ISR code has two exit paths. It could be the
preemption path. That would occur about 5 seconds into the execution of
ticker and TA1 will preemption idle.

> Cheers,
> Hesham
>
> On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 6:10 PM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > at the end of the GSoC I've found out that interrupts in my BSP
> > weren't properly enabled/disabled globally.
> > This happens because my work is based on the Hesham's
> > BSP for RISC-V and it was done for the previous version of ISA.
> > Thus, the Hesham's interrupt enabling/disabling instructions did
> > nothing in my version of ISA.
> > I've tried to fix this issue, but without much of success.
> >
> > --
> > Regards, Denis Obrezkov

> --
> Hesham

Yes, I've already done it, but it doesn't work. It just staying disabled
after some
amount of ticks.

--
Regards, Denis Obrezkov