Warnings in Present Master

Joel Sherrill joel at rtems.org
Mon Feb 6 17:22:45 UTC 2017

Hi

I encourage everyone in the community to
take a shot at fixing some warnings. But for
potential GSoC students  looking for issues that
should be relatively straightforward  to fix, I would
suggest looking at a warning. The complete set of
warnings for all BSPs  is reported here:

ftp://ftp.rtems.org/pub/rtems/people/joel/warnings/warnings-4.12-master-20170206/

You can see which warning is present in the most BSP builds,
which BSPs have the most unique to them warnings, etc. This
is the report on warnings by class. There are 535 unique warnings
and it looks like 60+% of the warnings are printf format:

     1 array-bounds
      4 attributes
      1 discarded-qualifiers
    355 format=
     30 format-extra-args
     35 implicit-function-declaration
      2 incompatible-pointer-types
     20 int-conversion
      1 int-to-pointer-cast
     22 maybe-uninitialized
      6 misleading-indentation
      4 missing-prototypes
     35 nested-externs
      5 overflow
      2 return-type
      1 shift-overflow=
      7 unused-const-variable=
      1 unused-variable

Please pitch in and help reduce this set.

-joel