Running/Debugging RTEMS applications on Zynq

Jose Pedro Canilho jpc_ace at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 7 12:18:23 UTC 2017

Hey all!

I'm trying to run a simple RTEMS program in my Zedboard, and I'm having some issues figuring out how to actually run my program on the board.
I have my program successfully compiled with the ARM cross-compiling tool and the appropriate BSP ('Xilinx_zynq_zedboard').
However, the only way I know to actually upload the executables to Zynq devices is through the Xilinx tool-chain, which already provides its own BSP based on the CPU+FPGA bistream file created.

I've tried to create a small baremetal application for the Zedboard and somewhat blindly replace the generated .elf with my RTEMS executable. Obviously this didn't work... :)

As I've read throughout some posts in the mailing list, it is advised to keep the hardware and software development workflows separated. But at some point I'll have to upload my software to the device. Is there a straightforward way to accomplish this? I'm a bit lost at this point...

Thanks in advance!