Porting to a NXP K6x series chip

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Feb 27 06:22:07 UTC 2017

Hello,

On 23/02/17 19:19, george at n3ysa.org wrote:
> I've got a FRDM-K64F and would like to get RTEMS running on it for a personal project. It has the standard ARM interrupt controller. One complication is that the SRAM is divided into two banks of 128K as the banks are connected to different buses in the MCU, and causes hard faults if an unaligned access crosses the boundary.

please use the atsam BSP as a template.

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/arm/atsam

For a BSP with a scattered memory map you can use
bsp_work_area_initialize_with_table(), see for example

https://git.rtems.org/rtems/tree/c/src/lib/libbsp/powerpc/mpc55xxevb/startup/bspgetworkarea.c

How similar are the different Kinetis controller?

> Looking at the existing code, anything specific too the K6x would go in libcpu, and anything specific to board (such as clock setup/debug uart) would appear to go in libsp?

Please don't add anything to libcpu.