RISC-V interrupts

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 16:58:28 UTC 2017

Hi Denis,

In riscv_generic, only context switching is supported. It was supposed
to only run hello world (console) and ticker (tickless timer), both
don't need interrupts. I assume you can do the same for HiFive1, which
is the simplest. Then we can discuss about the timer and interrupt
implementations.

Originally RTEMS had a one big linkcmd for each platform, which
defines linker symbols (used in C code) and required sections. This
has been improved with current BSPs (like ARM-based ones), by
splitting up shared linkcmd parts (linkcmd base) and BSP specific ones
that include the shared one. riscv_generic, given that it's old,
follows the old way of having a single big linkcmd. You can change
this for your new BSP.

Cheers,
Hesham

--