Need help in building newlib

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Wed Jun 7 09:30:15 UTC 2017

Hello Aditya Upadhyay,

please don't send me e-mails directly. Use the devel at rtems.org mailing
list instead.

On 07/06/17 11:21, aditya upadhyay wrote:
> Hello Sebastian Huber,
>
> I am Aditya Upadhyay, selected in GSoC 2017, for RTEMS organization.
> My project is POSIX Compliance. I have to work on newlib where i have
> to port the code of some functions and have to add some header file
> from RTEMS. I have implemented inttypes.h and its related methods in
> rtems.

There is already an inttypes.h in Newlib. Please fix this if something
is missing. Please don't write code on your own if there exists already
an implementation in FreeBSD, OpenBSD, NetBSD or bionic for this.

> Now i want to port it to the newlib. But i have no idea how to port it
> to the newlib. Even i have tried to build newlib using this, described
> here : https://sourceware.org/newlib/
> but i am not able to build it correctly. Is there any changes to do
> while executing this command-
>
>  ../newlib-2.2.0/configure --host=sun4 --target=m68k-aout
>
> Here target should be sparc-rtems4.12 and what should be the host ?
> I need initial help. Once i will get the things clear, i will move
> ahead to work.
> Any help will be greatly appreciable and much helpful for me.

You can build the tool chain with the RSB (I guess this was already a
part of the GSoC preparation). It has reporting features to show you
exactly the commands used to produce the tool chain. You can then build
it on your own using these commands.

Please use a Git clone of Newlib for this kind of work.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de