RISC-V interrupts

Hesham Almatary heshamelmatary at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 20:43:45 UTC 2017

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 6:11 AM, Denis Obrezkov <denisobrezkov at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Hi Denis,
>>
>> As per my previous reply, it is gonna be a challenge to make RTEMS
>> exes fit in 16 KiB of RAM, so it's a good idea to do some analysis on
>> the compressed ISA.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Hesham
>>
> Ok, I will investigate this.
> Also, there is 8 KiB of ITIM (instruction tightly integrated memory), can we
> utilize it?
I assume so, but we have to choose the most critical code that should
be placed there (e.g. context switch, traps, etc) since 8 KiB might
not be enough for all of the text segment. You'll have to create
another linker segment for this. Have a look at RTEMS/Epiphany port
(that only has 32 KiB local memory) for a reference.

--
Hesham