RTEMS 4.11.2 milestone date

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Thu Mar 16 23:22:15 UTC 2017

On 17/03/2017 07:48, Joel Sherrill wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 3:22 PM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
> <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>> wrote:
>
>     On 17/03/2017 01:06, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>
>         On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 4:43 AM, Chris Johns <chrisj at rtems.org
>         <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>
>         <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org <mailto:chrisj at rtems.org>>> wrote:
>             If you have anything you would like in the release please
>         make sure you
>             have created a ticket and assigned it to the milestone.
>
>         Are the 4.11 tools buildable on the newer hosts that you and I
>         have had troubles with the 4.12 tools? I think specifically
>         qemu and gdb are troublesome.
>

>     Good point, I am not sure. I will check FreeBSD 11.0 and raise a
>     ticket if there is a problem.
>

> FWIW assuming qemu on the master is the same as on 4.11, it built find
> on a new CentOS 7 install.

I do not know if they are the same. I will check what there is in 4.11
on FreeBSD 10.3 and 11.0.

> But that's still at gcc 4.8. Something with a new
> enough gcc will have trouble.

If tickets are raised and patches supplied in time they may make RC1
otherwise they will have to wait for the next release.

> And you have the gdb powerpc issue on FreeBSD which might occur.

Is there a ticket for this? I am struggling to remember what the problem
is. I do not use any PPC devices and it is not a primary focus for me.

> I don't know of any code issues. We all are good at filing those. :)

I would like to package and release what we have at the set dates rather
than hold the release while everything possible is fixed.