GCC 7.1 Released

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Tue May 9 13:51:57 UTC 2017

On 09/05/17 14:54, Daniel Hellstrom wrote:
> On 2017-05-03 07:11, Sebastian Huber wrote:

>>> Looks good with updated dependent packages for gcc and with
>>> binutils-2.28. There are no build failures for just the tests. Attached
>>> is the warnings report which looks good if the networking warnings are
>>> ignored.
>>
>> I would rather use the GCC 6 which received some bug fix releases in
>> the mean time and was used most of the time of the RTEMS 4.12
>> development. For RTEMS 5 I would use GCC 8.
>
> For the gaisler toolchain we are currently planning on using GCC 7.1.

If you tested this version thoroughly than this is fine for me. Did you
build all RTEMS targets which currently use GCC 6 with this version and
can you provide the RSB patches? If yes, then please use the versions
specified by GCC contrib/download_prerequisites for the support libraries.

A new GCC version probably means new warnings to fix.

We should manage the GCC selection better in the future. GCC 6 received
considerable more testing and regression fixes than GCC 7.1 which is
only two weeks old.

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de