TMS570LC43x - what should be done before coding

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Mon May 22 15:03:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, May 19, 2017 at 12:19 PM, Nikolay Komashinskiy
<nikolay.komashinskiy at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've started to investigate how to launch RTEMS on top of the TMS570LC43x processor
> and it seems that some additional work should be done.
>
> I can't understand to what extent HalCoGen should be used. It seem these two processors
> (TMS570LC43x and TMS570LS3731) differ in their memory maps, in caches (LC43x has it).

Yes we need to make the determination of how to use HalCoGen. I'm not
sure if I prefer to include HalCoGen generated code in the git
repository, or just to document how an end user should add the
HalCoGen files themselves. I think I prefer to include the generated
files, since it is then easier to quality control.

> Also, LC43X has only MibSPI which is extended version of SPI.
Does this mean the driver framework we have in cpukit/dev/spi cannot
be used? In this case the SPI driver will have to be developed from
scratch as part of the BSP.

> Also, these boards have a bit different Vector Interrupt Managers (different number of interrupts).
>
> Could you explain what should be done in order to get a working RTEMS port on top
> of the board?

First get the console to work. Console + one context switch = hello
world. So the first step is to get hello world to work properly.