parallel make failure?

Sebastian Huber sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de
Mon Nov 27 07:07:58 UTC 2017

On 25/11/17 23:02, Chris Johns wrote:
> On 23/11/17 9:33 pm, Sebastian Huber wrote:
>> bsps/include
>> bsps/$arch/include
>> bsps/$arch/$bsp/include
>> cpukit/include
>> cpukit/libnetworking/include

>> cpukit/score/cpu/$arch/include

This generates a lot of header file moves that could be avoided with we use

cpukit/score/cpu/$arch

as an include directory.

> This is looking sensible but I am not sure how to handle the install phase.
>
> Do we have per ARCH and/or BSP makefile .in files that list the headers for that
> ARCH or BSP in that part of the tree and we have the Makefile.am subst to
> include the specific file, for example `include @RTEMS_CPU@/@RTEMS_BSP at .am? We
> cannot use .am files because the subst is during configure and not during
> bootstrap. If we did this would we have these file generated by the contents of
> the directory, that is all headers are installed?
>
> I just hope we do not fall into an Automake hole here.

I would one bsps/Makefile.am which includes

bsps/$arch/$arch.am

to keep the file reasonably small. Then I would introduce

AM_CONDITIONAL(BSPS_$arch, ...)
AM_CONDITIONAL(BSPS_$arch_$bspdir)

For a start, I would install all header files in bsps/$arch/include
unconditionally. We can fine tune this later if necessary (e.g. confused
users use random shared header files which don't work on a particular BSP).

E-Mail  : sebastian.huber at embedded-brains.de