RTEMS Tester Lack of Detail on Host

Chris Johns chrisj at rtems.org
Sat Oct 28 05:10:47 UTC 2017

On 28/10/2017 06:18, Joel Sherrill wrote:

> First I am thrilled at the reports going to build@

I am as well. It is great to see valid test results being published.

To everyone, the results are easy to publish so please do so. If you are on a
host we do not have results for or you just want to help please send them in.

> It occurred to me looking at the reports I was posting that they only
> say x86_64-linux-gnu. That is not enough to distinguish  distributions or even
> tell the difference between something as old as CentOS 6 from a bleeding edge
> Fedora or Ubuntu install.
>
> I know you can do this on a Redhat/Centos/Fedora machine:
>
> joel at localhost ~]$ uname -a
> Linux localhost.localdomain 3.10.0-514.10.2.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Fri Mar 3 00:04:05
> UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> [joel at localhost ~]$ cat /etc/redhat-release
> CentOS Linux release 7.3.1611 (Core)
>
> But /etc/redhat-release is obviously far from universal.
>
> Is there agreement that more detail on the host would be desirable? If so, what
> do we need to know and how would the script gather it?

I agree we need this.

I took a look at this just before pushing the last set of changes and stepped
back. There is a `os.uname` for Unix but not Windows and if you look in
`sb/windows.py` you will see a number of things are needed to figure out
Windows. I need to add a per host type support to get a name and then I think it
is after the build status in the subject so it is easy to see which results you
are looking at.