Ideas for GSoC 2019

Gedare Bloom gedare at rtems.org
Tue Dec 18 15:18:12 UTC 2018

Hello Vijay,

I'm glad to hear you will apply again. A second-year GSoC is often quite
valuable for everyone involved. I think you should consider the following:
1. Coverage is always important: what can be done to leverage your
knowledge base?
2. Take a look through the devel/user archives for ideas. (Usually easier
done by reading daily.)
3. Ask about specific projects that interest you, and whether any developer
wants to mentor it.
4. Check through the Open Projects page for the projects that have already
been converted to tickets. Those are usually the ones that have the most
interest so far.
5. Any project that helps improve the usability or development of RTEMS is
beneficial. For example, something to help smooth the release procedures
and testing/debugging RTEMS, or to simplify configuration or
pre-qualification efforts would be viewed positively.

Note that we are a lot more selective and set much higher expectations for
repeat students.

Gedare